2017 Honda Accord L4-2.4L Battery Removal & Installation Procedure
When removing and replacing the battery in your 2017 Honda Accord L4-2.4L, always start by disconnecting the battery terminals before you do anything else. Here are the steps for removing the battery terminals:
- Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0), or the ignition is in the off mode.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative cable with the battery sensor (A).
- Always disconnect the negative side first.
- To protect the battery sensor (B) from damage, do not hold it when removing the negative terminal (C).
- Disconnect the positive cable and the battery terminal (D) from the battery.
Removing the battery from your 2017 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
Removing the battery in your 2017 Honda Accord is a fairly simple process:
- Remove the battery setting plate (A) which is held in place by 2 x 10mm nuts. Make sure you don't drop and loose the nuts, plate or rod brackets in the engine compartment. If the thread on the rods and the nuts are very rusty, apply some WD40 spray without spraying anything else around them before you un-tighten the nuts. If they are too rusty, you might break the rods.
- Remove the battery (B) carefully, making sure that the cables or any other components are in the way. Keep in mind that car batteries are a little bit heavy, so make sure you don't drop the battery in the engine or on your feet.
Installing the new battery in your 2017 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
Basically, you will follow the removal procedure but in reverse:
- Place the new battery in the battery (B) tray
- Install the holding rods and the battery setting plate (A) while making sure you do not deform the setting plate when tightening the nuts.
- After the battery is in pace, connect the positive cable to the positive terminal and tighten the nut.
- Connect the negative terminal to the negative battery post and tighten the nut.
If you're not sure how to replace the battery, contact our roadside assistance service, Sparky Express, and we will install the new car battery in your 2017 Honda Accord, properly.