The wheel bolt tightening specification for a 2020 Audi A4 Sedan is be 90 ft lbs (120 Nm), per 2020 Audi A4 Sedan Owner's Manual. In order to properly loosen or tighten your 2020 Audi A4 wheel bolts, the bolts must be clean and rust free. Check the contact surfaces for the wheel and hub. Any contaminants, rust or dirt on these surfaces must be cleaned before installing the wheel. To properly torque your wheel bolts, use a properly calibrated torque wrench.
When torquing the wheel bolts on your 2020 Audi A4, the vehicle must be jacked using proper and safe equipment. While torquing the wheel bolts, the wheel you are torquing must almost touch the ground (but not completely on the ground) to avoid false torque. If the wheel is spinning when torquing the bolts, you can stop it from spinning by using a wheel choke or block placed under the direction the wheel spins.
- Not using the proper jacking equipment in the proper jacking points, will cause the vehicle to collapse, which will result in personal injury and damage to your 2020 Audi A4 Sedan.
- Do not over-torque, do not under torque your wheel bolts. Over-torquing might cause the bolts to break, under-torquing your wheel bolts might cause the wheel to come off when driving.
- All bolts must be properly cleaned and free of any dirt or rust, and the thread on your bolts must be free or any damage.
- When installing the wheel, make sure the holes in the rim are perfectly lined-up with the corresponding holes in your discs.
- Make sure that before removing the wheel, all bolts have been removed. Do not "hammer-out" the wheel with a metal hammer if the wheel is seized on your 2020 Audi A 4 Sedan.
When do you need the 2020 Audi A4 Wheel Bolt Torque Specs?
If you are doing any type of work on your 2020 Audi A4 Sedan that requires the wheel(s) to be removed, or if you have a flat tire and a roadside assistance provider comes to help you (such as for fixing a flat tire, or installing your spare wheel when you have a flat tire), make sure that the wheel bolts on either your original wheel or a spare wheel are properly torqued to the manufacturer's recommended specifications of 90 ft lbs (120 Nm).
Disclaimer: the information provided on this page about the 2020 Audi A4 Sedan wheel bolt torque setting was collected from the 2020 Audi A4 Sedan Owner's manual. We highly recommend that you always double check the 2020 Audi A4 wheel bolt torque with your Owner's Manual, before proceeding. If you have lost your Owner's Manual, you can get the digital version online, here.