Jump Starting 2019 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid
Turn off the power to electric devices, such as audio and lights. Turn off the engine, then open the hood.
- Pull up on the engine cover, remove it from the pins. Start on the passenger side and lift the outermost edge of the cover. Move towards the driver side while applying uniform upward pressure.
- Connect the first jumper cable to your vehicle's battery (+) terminal.
- Connect the other end of the first jumper cable to the booster battery (+) terminal. Use a 12-volt booster battery only. When using an automotive battery charger, select a charging voltage lower than 15 volts. Check the charger manual for the proper setting.
- Connect the second jumper cable to the booster battery (-) terminal.
- Connect the other end of the second jumper cable to the engine hanger as shown. Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part.
- If your vehicle is connected to another vehicle, start the assisting vehicle's engine and increase its rpm slightly.
- Attempt to start your vehicle's engine. If it turns over slowly, make sure that the jumper cables have good metal-to-metal contact.
Warning! A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby. Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
Warning! Battery posts, terminals, and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds. Wash your hands after handling.