If the battery is discharged, the engine can be started using the battery of another vehicle and two jumper cables. Only use jumper cables with fully insulated clamp handles.
- Do not touch live parts! Contact with live components can lead to an electric shock. There is a risk of injuries or danger to life. Do not touch any components that are under voltage.
- Connecting order. If the jumper cables are connected in the incorrect order, sparking may occur. There is a risk of injury. Pay attention to the correct order during connection.
- Vehicle bodywork and contact between vehicles. In the case of body contact between the two vehicles, a short circuit can occur during jump-starting. There is a risk of property damage. Make sure that no body contact occurs.
Preparation for jump starting your 2018 BMW X6
- Check whether the battery of the other vehicle has a voltage of 12 volts. The voltage information can be found on the battery.
- Switch off the engine of the assisting vehicle.
- Switch off any electronic systems/power consumers in both vehicles.
The starting aid terminal in the engine compartment acts as the battery's positive terminal.
The body ground or a special nut acts as the battery negative terminal.
Connecting the cables
To prevent personal injury or damage to both vehicles, adhere strictly to the following procedure when jumpstarting your BMW X6.
- Open the cover of the BMW starting aid terminal.
- Attach one terminal clamp of the positive jumper cable to the positive terminal of the battery, or to the corresponding starting aid terminal of the vehicle providing assistance.
- Attach the terminal clamp on the other end of the cable to the positive terminal of the battery, or to the corresponding starting aid terminal of the vehicle to be started.
- Attach one terminal clamp of the negative jumper cable to the negative terminal of the battery, or to the corresponding engine or body ground of assisting vehicle.
- Attach the second terminal clamp to the negative terminal of the battery, or to the corresponding engine or body ground of the vehicle to be started.
Too complicated? Let us jump start your 2018 BMW X6! Our battery boost service is available in Toronto, Pickering, Aiax, Whitby and Oshawa, Ontario, Canada! Call now! (647)-819-0490
Starting the engine
Never use spray fluids to start the engine.
- Start the engine of the assisting vehicle and let it run for several minutes at an increased idle speed.
- Start the engine of the vehicle that is to be started in the usual way. If the first starting attempt is not successful, wait a few minutes before making another attempt in order to allow the discharged battery to recharge.
- Let both engines run for several minutes.
- Disconnect the jumper cables in the reverse order.
Check the battery and recharge, if needed.
Always consult the your BMW X6 Owner's Manual before jump starting your vehicle.