Safe Jump Starting Procedure 2020 Audi A4
In a 2020 Audi A4, the battery is located in the engine compartment. However, to jump start your 2020 Audi A4, you must use the charger/ jump start cable connectors available in the engine compartment.
You should only perform the jump start procedure on a 2020 Audi A4 if you have the necessary tools and the technical expertise.
If your 2020 Audi A4 doesn't start because the battery is drained, you can jump start your vehicle by using another vehicle, or a high quality car battery booster pack with the proper specifications and safeguards in place to protect your vehicle's electrical system and engine (such as sparkless booster pack with short protection). Both batteries must have 12 volt nominal voltage. The voltage capacity (Ah) of the battery that is giving power must not be less than the drained battery in the vehicle receiving the power. Only use a jump start cable with insulated terminal clamps.
Here are the steps for jump-starting your 2020 Audi A 4:
- Switch off the ignition and all the electrical equipment.
- Open the hood.
- Press the release lever on he positive terminal and flip the cover upward.
- Connect the positive (+) red cable to the positive terminal then attach the other end of the positive cable to the power source.
- Connect the negative (-) black cable to the negative pin in your car, and the other end of the negative cable to the negative terminal in the other vehicle.
- Start the engine in the vehicle giving the charge and let it run at idle.
- Now start the engine in your 2020 Audi A4.
- If your engine doesn't start, stop the jump starting procedure and wait 30 seconds, then try again.
- Turn on the rear window defogger in your 2020 Audi A4 to avoid any voltage peaks when disconnecting the jump start cables. The headlights must be switched off.
- With the engines running remove the cables in reverse sequence.
- Make sure you close the red cover on your positive terminal.
- Never connect the cables directly to your 2020 Audi A4 battery!
For more information, please consult your 2020 Audi A4 Owner's Manual.
If this jump starting procedure seems to complicated, or you don't succeed, please contact Sparky Express at (647)-819-0490 and ask for our Audi A4 Jump Start Service.